We believe that our system can still be improved what should enable us to decrease the costs of generating electricity to 100 €/MWh, especially because our system is perfectly suitable to form an energetic platform together with the floating wind turbines (with vertical or horizontal axis of rotation).
The advantages of such a solution are as follows:
- The efficiency of extracting wave energy is increased. The axis of pendulum motion of the float, fixed to a huge floating structure characterized by big inertia does not allow the system to move back when waves approach. However, the pendulum motion is still possible.
- Using one undersea cable to transfer electricity from the platform.
- The increase of amount of electricity produced from a particular area where an offshore wind farm is situated.
- If wind subsides, our system will still be producing 20-50% of total electricity produced by the farm for several days. It is a huge advantage as it makes the management of power network easier. It also gives time necessary to start a peak load power station, for example with gas turbines.
- In case when the energy platform is planned to be installed in the area of sea where currents occur, it can be constructed in a way enabling it to use all the sources of renewable energy of that place, such as wind, sea currents and waves.